A Limited Release Collaboration Beer: Time Hop Porter
We are excited to announce the release of Samuel Adams Time Hop Porter™, a limited-edition hopped porter brewed in collaboration with San Diego based brewery, ChuckAlek Independent Brewers!
Husband and wife team at ChuckAlek, Grant Fraley and Marta Jankowski, are committed to their mission of making “Old School Beers for New School Palates.” ChuckAlek’s brewery is based just outside of San Diego and they recently announced their official plans to open a second location in San Diego to be called, ChuckAlek Biergarten!
It has truly been an awesome year for Grant and Marta as they were also selected as the recipients of the Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream Brewing and Business Experienceship. As part of the program, the ChuckAlek team came to our Boston Brewery in May to receive coaching from the our Brewery team and collaborate with us on a beer – Time Hop Porter.
“We learned so much about business planning and moving our brewery forward in the few days we had with the Sam Adams team,” Marta said about her time spent in Boston. “The advice and mentoring is already having a positive impact on our business as we look toward opening our next tasting room. Our favorite part about the whole experience was developing the recipe for Time Hop Porter and brewing the collaboration beer at the Boston Brewery.”
At 5.3% abv, Time Hop Porter is a unique porter brewed with a blend of British malts including Maris Otter, Brown, Dark Crystal and Black to create a roasted flavor. The taste is complemented by the citrus notes and pine character from a blend of Admiral, East Kent Goldings, and Cascade hops- all contributing to the beer’s delicate bitter finish.
Beginning this week, Time Hop Porter will be available in select bars and restaurants in and around San Diego. The beer is also being served and sold in growlers at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery with all profits being donated to fund microloans for small businesses owners through our Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream nonprofit partner, Accion. Additionally, Time Hop Porter is available at ChuckAleks’s Ramona, CA tasting room.
This is our 4th collaboration beer brewed through our Experienceship programs. Previous beers made in collaboration with our fellow craft brewers:
- Three Ninety Bock brewed in collaboration with Roc Brewing Co. in Rochester, NY
- Tea Party Saison brewed in collaboration with Mateveza in San Francisco, CA
- Oats McGoats brewed in collaboration with Brewery Rickoli in Wheat Ridge, CO
Do you live in the San Diego area? Visit the locations below to try Time Hop Porter!
Be sure to try this release porter before it’s gone and check out our Events page for an opportunity to meet the ChuckAlek team!
- Hooley’s Irish Pub-5500 Grossmont Center Dr, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Hooley’s Irish Pub & Grill-2955 Jamacha Road, El Cajon, CA 92019
- Coasters Saloon- 744 Ventura Pl, San Diego, CA 92109
- La Bella Pizza Garden- 373 Third Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- BBQ House- 5025 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107
- Common Theory — 4805 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111
- Slaters- 2750 Dewey Rd #193, San Diego, CA 92106
- Gaslamp Tavern- 868 5th Ave San Diego, CA 92101
- Quad Ale House-868 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Sunshine Company- 5028 Newport Ave San Diego, CA 92107