Play Boston Bingo to Support Small Businesses
As you may have noticed, we’ve gotten A LOT of snow here in Boston over the past month. While the snow is a big pain for us as we shovel out our sidewalks and driveways and navigate narrow, snow-filled streets, one community that has been really negatively impacted by this weather is a community we are very passionate about: small business owners.
Boston Mayor Martin Walsh and his Office of Economic Development share our love for our hometown and have developed a fun game for all of us in the Boston area to support local businesses: Boston Bingo!
All you need to do to participate is download this official Bingo card, visit your favorite corresponding local businesses between now and March 15th, and enter electronically or in person (instructions for how to enter here). People who participate have the chance to win great prizes such as coffee with the Mayor, Bruins tickets, and more! Most importantly, you’ll get to support some really great small businesses in the area.
Looking for ideas of great small businesses to check out in the Boston area? We got you covered! Through our Brewing the American Dream program, we work with a lot of awesome small businesses in the food and beverage industries all throughout Boston by providing them with access to small business loans, and small business coaching and mentoring.
Here are some suggestions of places where you can check off squares on your Boston Bingo card:
- Grab a Burger OR Date Night: Enjoy one of the best burgers in town and enjoy live music every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at The Fairmount Grille, located in Hyde Park.
- Indulge in Breakfast, Brunch, or Lunch Out Today: Grab a delicious gourmet sandwich, coffee, or pastry from City Feed and Supply, located in Jamaica Plain.
- Purchase Something Small: Enjoy a fresh baked pretzel as you stroll through Faneuil Hall from Boston Pretzel, located in Faneuil Hall’s Quincy Market.
- Snag Something Spicy: We recommend ordering the spicy jerk chicken at Only One Jamaican Restaurant, located in Dorchester.
- Croissant or Cookie Time: Choose from a variety of delicious baked goods at Delectable Desires Pastries, located in West Roxbury.
- Have a Pizza Delivered OR Date Night: Stay in with takeout or have a fun night out with great food and drinks at Bella Luna Restaurant and Milky Way Lounge, located in Jamaica Plain.
- Purchase Something Large: Treat yourself to a nice big steak from Chop Chop Meat Market, located in Hyde Park.
- Buy Something Sweet: Who doesn’t love cupcakes? Satisfy your sweet tooth at Lulu’s Sweet Shoppe, located in Boston’s North End.