Celebrate Small Businesses and Game Day with Boston Lager Cupcakes
We’re sad to see another season of football come to an end, but we’re really excited to enjoy the big game. While it is a big weekend for our hometown team, it’s also a big weekend for Carlene O’Garro, our very first Brewing the American Dream loan recipient and owner of local bakery and cafe Delectable Desires.
Please join us at 1PM on Friday, January 30th for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand opening of her brick and mortar shop located at 1755 Centre Street West Roxbury, MA with some very special guests – our founder and brewer Jim Koch, and Mayor Marty Walsh. Be one of the first 100 people to arrive and you’ll receive a Samuel Adams Boston Lager Cupcake on the house!
Can’t make it to the event? Here’s how you can make them at home:
- 8oz Butter
- 1.5 Cups of Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (room temperature)
- 4 Large egg yolks
- 2.5 cups of All-Purpose Flour (sifted)
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standard mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks and continue to mix until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a measuring cup, combine 1 cup milk and 1/3 cup Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
- Start by adding 1/3 of the sifted dry ingredients, once that incorporates, add half of the SamuelAdams Boston Lager and milk mixture. Alternate until all ingredients are combined. (delete bullet, this goes with the above bullet)
- Scoop the mixture into prepared cupcake tins (standard size) filling each tin 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, and then add frosting of your choice.