Brewlywed Ale: The Perfect Brew to Say “I do”
We know beer is the centerpiece of a great wedding. In fact, beer has been an essential component of weddings for centuries. The medieval word “ale” is actually rooted in the word “bridal,” which refers to a festive occasion where much ale is drunk in celebration. We hold this tradition near and dear; in fact, Jim brewed the first batch of Samuel Adams Noble Pils for his daughter’s wedding day.
Mark your calendars for July 26th for your chance to enjoy a specialty brew as you say “I do!” We’re inviting all brides, grooms, couples, recently engaged and recently married (or anyone looking for a unique, beyond-the-registry gift) to line up to get a bottle of Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale, a limited release Belgian-style pale golden ale. A distinct and complex brew, Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale offers layers of flavor including fruit and honeysuckle notes from the Belgian yeast, sweetness from malt and citrus character from hops. With only 350 cases brewed, this beer will be available for one day only, July 26th, at our Boston brewery.
Throughout the morning we’ll also have wedding experts on hand to provide beer pairing suggestions for wedding menus, expert advice and answers to wedding questions from TheKnot.com, a toast from Jim and the chance to have Samuel Adams foot the tab* for your rehearsal dinner. For the most die-hard of beer fans, it could also be your actual “big day” – a justice of the peace will be available to perform ceremonies on the spot (all you’ll need is a legit wedding license**). This would be a first for us… just saying.
WHERE: Samuel Adams Brewery | 30 Germania Street (Jamaica Plain neighborhood) | Boston, MA 02130
WHEN: Thursday, July 26 2012, 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 7:00AM: Line up at the brewery. The first 20 people to arrive in bridal attire will be moved to the front of the line, ensuring a bottle from the 50 bottles signed by Jim Koch.
- 9:00AM: Brewery doors open and Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale is for sale while supplies last.
- 9:00AM-1:00PM: Wedding menu beer pairing suggestions from Samuel Adams brewers and local food businesses; raffle to have Samuel Adams pick up your rehearsal dinner tab*; wedding photo booth; expert advice and answers to wedding questions from TheKnot.com, the #1 wedding website and more.
- 1:00PM: Last call. Doors close at 1 p.m.
We asked our friend Carley Roney, Co-Founder and Editor in Chief of The Knot.com, what she thought about the marrying of beer and weddings. She told us that brides and grooms today are more daring than they’ve ever been when it comes to giving beer a seat at the wedding table. She even suggested that couples say goodbye to the standard wine and cocktails and incorporate craft beer bars, beer tasting stations and beer and food pairings into their big day. We couldn’t agree more!
Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale Details
- Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale will be packaged in decorated 750mL, cork-finished bottles; and available for $14.99 per bottle, or purchased by the case of 12 (maximum of 2 cases per purchase).
- At 8% ABV, Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale is a distinct and complex brew that offers layers of flavor including fruit and honeysuckle notes from the Belgian yeast, sweetness from malt and citrus character from hops.We recommend serving this beer at a temperature of 40-45° and enjoying it before your one-year anniversary.
- Check our Tab on Facebook for updates: www.facebook.com/samueladams
- Follow our live Brewlywed at the Brewery tweets @SamuelAdamsBeer #Brewlywed
* Up to $1,000
**A wedding license can be obtained in any Massachusetts City or Town Hall. There is a three (3) day waiting period after application before couples can pick up the license; it is valid for 60 days after it is picked up. A license must be present in order to be married.
For the Love of beer, we hope to see you there!