Our brewers collaborated with Jeremy “Flounder” Lees, brewer and founder of Flounder Brewing Co., and his team on this dynamic new brew inspired by local produce. At 5.2% abv, the unique lager is brewed with Jersey Fresh® honey and Massachusetts cranberries to create a bright, tart flavor to complement a subtly sweet base with a soft, round finish. ► Read More
The idea to brew Bugs & Berries was really a collaboration between our team in Boston and Mikkel Borg Bjergsø from Mikkeller Brewery in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Brewed exclusively for the 2016 Copenhagen Beer Celebration in Boston, MA, we teamed up to bring a one-of-a-kind beer to the festival for its inaugural year in the states. And what better way to celebrate a little bit of Copenhagen in the U.S. than to brew a beer that has ingredients from both countries in it.
Bugs & Berries was born from the idea of blending 2 beers made of 2 bugs (yeast strains) and 2 berries. Yeast and cherries from Frederiksdal Estate in Harpelunde, Denmark were shipped to Boston and used to make the first beer. The second beer was brewed using yeast from Walden, New York, and strawberries from a few select farms, including one local farm in Groton, MA. ► Read More
With the hottest days of the year upon us and IPA Day just around the corner, we felt now was the time to share a few simple, yet refreshing, ‘ALEtails’ you can make at home using our Rebel Grapefruit IPA! Rebel Grapefruit has been having a great summer as drinkers across the country have chimed in on their love for the real grapefruit juice and peel we brew into this beer. Even Men’s Health think it’s a great brew for the warm weather days!
There’s no better way to enjoy summers on the beach than with a cooler stocked with the staples – Boston Lager, Summer Ale and Porch Rocker. But this summer, we have a new recipe that will surprise y our friends at a backyard BBQ. It’s surprised ours! Enter Summer Ale and Boston Lager-infused “brewscicles.”
With the help of dynamic sibling duo Daniel and Rebecca Dengrove of Brewla Bars, who we first met at our Brewing the American Dream Pitch Room Contest (they won, BTW!), we capture all the great flavors of Summer Ale and Boston Lager and infused them into three easy popsicle recipes. Simple and easy so you can make them at home. ► Read More
We’re blown away by the outpouring of gratitude for our military heroes from our recent launch of Pour One Forward. People from coast-to-coast are joining our retail partners in thanking the men and women of the US military for their dedication to protecting the soul of what makes America so special.
Since you’re asking, here’s a running list of places you can go to #PourOneForward and help transitioning veterans find their next professional passion through American Dream U. We’ll update the list regularly and if we’ve left out your favorite place to #PourOneForward, just let us know and we’ll add it to the list. Cheers! ► Read More
At Samuel Adams we show our gratitude to one another for a job well done with a cold beer and a heartfelt “thank you.” Starting today, we’re partnering with local bars and restaurants to salute our military friends who protect our freedom and independence every day through a program called Pour One Forward.
Between now and July 5, at participating locations, you can purchase two Samuel Adams Boston Lagers and leave one behind to be enjoyed by an active duty soldier or vet. You simply tell your server you’d like to “Pour One Forward” and he or she will give you a paper pint glass to write a note of thanks or special shout out to your favorite soldier or our military at large. Your server will hang it on the wall and when a soldier or vet comes in to that bar or restaurant, they can pull it down and exchange it for a cold pint of Boston Lager ► Read More
I’m psyched to let you know that we just brewed and canned our second batch of Rebel Raw Double IPA. We heard from drinkers who got their hands on the first batch that they really liked it. So, we brewed a little more and are sharing this batch with a few new beer-loving cities.
So, what do you need to know?
Rebel Raw has a 35-day shelf life – our shortest shelf life to date. If you find it, drink it immediately! Hops lose their flavor and aromatic character over time and we want IPA fans to enjoy this DIPA as fresh as possible in order to really experience its wide range of hop flavors and aromas. ► Read More
Love Cold Snap as much as we do? Of course you do. That’s why we’ve put together this really simple, and really tasty, Cold Snap cocktail (dubbed the “Samuel Adams Cold Snap Aletail”) to help you transition to warmer days ahead.
Take a look at the simple mixology instructions below and enjoy! ► Read More
Patriots’ Day will always hold a special place in my heart – it was on that day in 1985 that I officially released the first batch of Samuel Adams Boston Lager. So whenever I see runners crossing the finish line on Marathon Monday, I’m reminded of my starting line 31 years ago.
As our city marks the 120th running of the Boston Marathon, and our fifth year as a proud partner, we’re excited to bring back our commemorative race beer – Boston 26.2 Brew. We brewed this year’s batch to help toast the runners, spectators, Bostonians and race volunteers of the 2016 Boston Marathon. ► Read More
Our brewers are really excited to announce that Rebel Raw, a big, hoppy double IPA with a 10% ABV and 100 IBUs, is now on shelves!
Rebel Raw is a limited release with a 35 day shelf life. IPA lovers can only find it in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington DC.
We brewed with 6 lbs. of hops per barrel to create a huge hop character bursting with citrus, floral, spice, and resinous pine notes. Imagine burying your nose in a pile of fresh hop cones – that’s what you’ll experience when you sip Rebel Raw.
Because this is such an aggressively hop-forward brew, freshness is critical. Hop character diminishes over time, and we want IPA-lovers to enjoy this brew as fresh as possible in order to experience the optimal range of hop flavors and aromas.
So, if you find it, DRINK IT IMMEDIATELY to enjoy that fresh hop aroma and flavor. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.
We’ll be live updating this post. So, keep checking back to see where you can find Rebel Raw on shelves near you.
ATLAS LIQUORS -QUINCY 665 ADAMS ST QUINCY
AUBURNDALE DISCOUNT WINE – 2102 COMM AVE NEWTON
BELLE ISLE WINE&SPIRITS – 1144 SARATOGA STREET EAST BOSTON
BLANCHARD-REVERE INC. – 286 AM LEG HGWY REVERE
BLANCHARDS-ALLSTON INC. – 103 HARVARD AVE ALLSTON
BLANCHARDS-J P INC. – 741 CENTRE ST JAMAICA PLAIN
BLANCHARDS-W ROX INC. – 418 LAGRANGE ST WEST ROXBURY
BRADY’S PACKAGE STORE – 1516 COMMERCIAL ST WEYMOUTH
WESTSIDE STOP ONE DELI – 700 AMSTERDAM AVENUE, NEW YORK
WHISKEY KITCHEN – 60 ROUTE 303, VALLEY COTTAGE
WHOLE FOODS MARKET
95 EAST HOUSTON STREET, NEW YORK
214 3RD STREET, BROOKLYN
4 UNION SQUARE, NEW YORK
10 COLUMBUS CIRCLE STE SC101A, NEW YORK
270 GREENWICH STREET, NEW YORK
1551 3RD AVENUE, NEW YORK
226 EAST 57TH STREET, NEW YORK
250 7TH AVENUE, NEW YORK
808 B COLUMBUS AVE, NEW YORK
ZAROS BAKE SHOP – 2 PENN PLAZA CONCOURSE LEVEL, NEW YORK
ZARO’S BREAD BASKET – E.43RD CORNER VANDERBILT, NEW YORK
• 320 Market – 713 S Chester Rd, Swarthmore, PA
• American Sardine Bar – 1800 Federal St, Philadelphia
• Arcadia Chios The Greeks – 239 Haverford Ave, Narberth PA
• Avani Inc Federal Beer – 1440 Federal St 42, Philadelphia PA
• B & B – 3670 Sawmill Rd, Doylestown PA
• Baileys Bar & Grille – 6914 Bristol Emilie Rd., Levittown PA
• Beer City Quakertown – 391 W Broad St, Quakertown PA
• Bell Beverage – 2809 S Front St, Philadelphia PA
• Bella Vista – 755 S 11th St, Philadelphia PA
• Bensalem Beer & Soda – 1919 Street Rd, Bensalem PA
• Big Top Roslyn – 1555 Easton Rd, Abington PA
• Blue Dog Family Tavern – 4275 County Line Rd., Chalfont PA
• Blue Dog Ii – 850 S Valley Forge Rd., Lansdale PA
• Boathouse – 113 Fayette St, Conshohocken PA
• Boccellas – 37 W Eagle Rd, Havertown PA
• Bottle Bar East – 1308 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Bottles Packs & Growlers – 701 E Cathedral Rd, Philadelphia PA
• Bounds Beverages – 308 Easton Rd, Warrington PA
• Brew – 1900 S 15th St, Philadelphia PA
• Brewers Outlet – 7401 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Bridgids – 726 N 24th St, Philadelphia PA
• Bru Craft & Wurst – 1318 Chestnut St, Philadelphia PA
• Butcher And Barkeep – 712 Main St, Harleysville PA
• Candlewyck – 2551 Durham Rd, Buckingham PA
• Capones Restaurant – 224 W Germantown Pike, Norristown PA
• Cedar Point Bar & Restaurant – 2370 E Norris St, Philadelphia PA
• Cheu Noodle Bar – 255 S 10th St, Philadelphia PA
• City Taphouse – 3925 Walnut St, Philadelphia PA
• Cold Spring Beverages – 773 Durham Rd, Newtown PA
• Craft Ale House – 708 W Ridge Pike, Royersford PA
• Craft Beer Outlet – 9910 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Dog & Bull Brew & Music – 810 Bristol Pike, Croydon PA
• East Falls Beverage – 4024 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia PA
• El Barrio – 1470 Buck Rd Village Shires Ce, Southampton PA
• Food And Friends – 1933 35 Spruce St, Philadelphia PA
• For Petes Sake – 900 S Front St, Philadelphia PA
• Frank A Smith Beverages – 180 Shoemaker Rd, Pottstown PA
• Franklin Beer Dist – 1837 Callowhill St, Philadelphia PA
• Frontier Saloon – 336 Kedron Ave, Folsom PA
• Global Beer Distributor – 1150 N American St, Philadelphia PA
• Grace Tavern – 2229 Grays Ferry Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Guilianos Deli – 2202 Mount Carmel Ave, Glenside PA
• Hulmeville Inn – 4 Trenton Rd, Langhorne PA
• Iron Abbey – 680 N Easton Rd, Horsham PA
• Isacc Newtons – 18 S State St Rear, Newtown PA
• Javies Beverages – 4901 Umbria St, Philadelphia PA
• Kite & Key – 1836 42 Callowhill St, Philadelphia PA
• Kunda Beverage – 349 S Henderson Rd, King Of Prussia PA
• Latimer Deli – 255 S 15th St 257, Philadelphia PA
• Liones Pizzaria – 102 Wallace Ave, Downingtown PA
• Local 44 – 4333 Spruce St, Philadelphia PA
• Locust Deli – 236 S 21st St, Philadelphia PA
• Madira – 1252 S 21st St, Philadelphia PA
• Monde Market – 100 S 21st St, Philadelphia PA
• Monks Cafe – 264 S 16th St, Philadelphia PA
• Northeast Beer – 7317 Castor Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Old Nelson Food – 3020 Market St, Philadelphia PA
• Old Philly Ale House – 565 N 20th St, Philadelphia PA
• Parkway Corner Deli – 2200 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia PA
• Pasquallys – 202 43rd St, Philadelphia PA
• Phillys Steaks & Beer – 160 Bristol Oxford Valley Rd, Langhorne PA
• Pinocchios Family Restaurant – 131 E Baltimore Ave, Media PA
• Rinos Pizza – 327 E Lancaster Ave, Exton PA
• Rons Original Bar & Grill – 74 E Uwchlan Ave, Exton PA
• Rye Brew – 2816 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia PA
• South Philly Tap Room – 1509 Mifflin St, Philadelphia PA
• Spinnerstown Hotel – 2195 Spinnerstown Rd, Quakertown PA
• Springfield Beer Dist – 2206 Washington Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Station Tap House – 194 W Ashland St, Doylestown PA
• Steam Pub – 606 2nd Street Pike, Southampton PA
• Stones Fairmount Bev Ctr – 1701 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Super Value Beverage Co – 625 Mearns Rd, Warminster PA
• The Beer Shoppe – 44 Greenfield Ave, Ardmore PA
• The Beer Store – 215 W Lancaster Ave, Malvern PA
• The Beer Store – 488 2nd St Pike, Southampton PA
• The Beer Yard – 218 E Lancaster Ave, Wayne PA
• The Bottle Shop – 1837 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia PA
• The Grey Lodge Pub – 6235 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia PA
• The Industry – 1401 Moyamensing, Philadelphia PA
• Thriftway #2497 – 2497 Aramingo Ave, Philadelphia PA
• Towamencin Beverage – 1555 Sumneytown Pike, Kulpsville PA
• Trenton Road Tavern – 1024 Trenton Rd, Levittown PA
• University City Dist – 4300 Walnut St, Philadelphia PA
• Varga – 941 Spruce St, Philadelphia PA
• Via Marconi Pizza Pub – 190 Forty Foot Rd, Hatfield PA
• Whole Foods Market – 821 Lancaster Ave, Wayne PA
• Whole Foods Market – 500 W Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting PA
• Whole Foods Market – 475 Wilmington Pike, Glen Mills PA
ACE BEVERAGE – 3301 NEW MEXICO AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
BARREL HOUSE LIQUORS – 1341 14TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
BATCH 13 – 1724 14TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
BELL WINE & LIQUOR – 1821 M ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
BIER BARON HOTEL & TAVERN – 1523 22ND ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
CAIRO LIQUOR STORE – 1618 17TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
CALVERT WOODLEY LIQUORS – 4339 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
CHEVY CHASE WINE & SPIRIT – 5544 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
CIRCLE LIQUORS – 5501 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
CITY TAP HOUSE – 901 9TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
CLEVELAND PARK LIQUOR – 3423 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
CONNECTICUT AVENUE LIQUOR – 1529 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
DVINES – 3103 14TH ST N W, WASHINGTON DC
FADO IRISH PUB – 808 7TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
HARRIS TEETER #231 – 1631 KALORAMA RD NW, WASHINGTON DC
IRVING LIQUORS – 3100 MT PLEASANT STR NW, WASHINGTON DC
MAGRUDER LIQUOR – 5618 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
METRO LIQUORS – 1726 COLUMBIA RD NW, WASHINGTON DC
MODERN LIQUORS – 1200 9TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
MORRIS MILLER LIQUOR – 7804 ALASKA AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
NANNY O’BRIENS – 3319 CONNECTICUT AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
NEW H WINE & SPIRITS – 914 H ST NE, WASHINGTON DC
OPEN DOOR MARKET – 2160 CALIFORNIA ST, WASHINGTON DC
ORANGE SPOON BUFFET – 1255 23RD ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
PREGO AGAIN – 1617 17TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
RIVERSIDE LIQUOR – 2123 E ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
RODMANS DISCOUNT DRUGS – 5100 WISCONSIN AVE NW STE B, WASHINGTON DC
SCHNEIDERS LIQUOR – 300 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NE, WASHINGTON DC
SHAW HOWARD DELI – 1911 7TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
SHERRYS WINE & SPIRITS – 2315 CALVERT ST NW STE A, WASHINGTON DC
SMOKE & BARREL – 2471 18TH ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
STAPLES BEER & WINE – 1364 FLORIDA AVE NE, WASHINGTON DC
SUDHOUSE – 1340 U ST NW, WASHINGTON DC
TENLEY MINI MARKET – 4326 WISCONSIN AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
TENLEY WINE & LIQUORS – 4525 WISCONSIN AVE NW, WASHINGTON DC
VAN NESS LIQUORS – 4201 CONNECTICUT AVENW, WASHINGTON DC
Samuel Adams is celebrating 31 years of brewing, and despite our success, our Founder and Brewer Jim Koch hasn’t forgotten how hard it is to start and run a successful small business. That’s why in 2008, Jim created our company’s philanthropy program, Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream.
Brewing the American Dream provides craft food, beverage, and brewing business owners with the two essential ingredients for success and that Jim didn’t have when he started brewing Samuel Adams Boston Lager in his kitchen: financing and real-world business advice.
This Saturday, November 28th is Small Business Saturday and and we encourage you to join us in in stepping out to shop local and support small food and beverage entrepreneurs across the country. ► Read More
For beer fanatics, Samuel Adams Utopias has become one of the most sought-after beers on earth. Only the ninth batch brewed since the first release in 2002, this year’s Utopias, like previous vintages, is a beer unlike any other. Sam Adams Utopias is the “lunatic fringe” of craft beer – it’s radical and pushes the limits – challenging the idea of what a beer can be.
What does it taste like?
Utopias is meant to be savored like a fine cognac or port. This rich, uncarbonated beer is known for its extraordinary flavor profile and is a blend of previous vintages aged in a variety of barrels. Wood, toffee, cocoa, raisin and maple aromas contribute to the distinctive flavor of Utopias, which ranges from notes of molasses, earthy wood, dates, and light smoke to nuts and toffee.
With each new batch of Utopias our brewers push for a complex flavor profile, and during this process have created brews with alcohol levels reaching over 30% ABV; this year’s beer is 28% ABV and is best enjoyed as a two ounce pour in a snifter glass at room temperature. We often blend down because the goal is to create complex flavors, not an extreme alcohol percentage. ► Read More
We are excited to announce the release of Samuel Adams Time Hop Porter™, a limited-edition hopped porter brewed in collaboration with San Diego based brewery, ChuckAlek Independent Brewers!
Husband and wife team at ChuckAlek, Grant Fraley and Marta Jankowski, are committed to their mission of making “Old School Beers for New School Palates.” ChuckAlek’s brewery is based just outside of San Diego and they recently announced their official plans to open a second location in San Diego to be called, ChuckAlek Biergarten!
It has truly been an awesome year for Grant and Marta as they were also selected as the recipients of the Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream Brewing and Business Experienceship. As part of the program, the ChuckAlek team came to our Boston Brewery in May to receive coaching from the our Brewery team and collaborate with us on a beer – Time Hop Porter.
“We learned so much about business planning and moving our brewery forward in the few days we had with the Sam Adams team,” Marta said about her time spent in Boston. “The advice and mentoring is already having a positive impact on our business as we look toward opening our next tasting room. Our favorite part about the whole experience was developing the recipe for Time Hop Porter and brewing the collaboration beer at the Boston Brewery.” ► Read More
To celebrate IPA Day today, our brewers enlisted the help of the Culinary Institute of America to prove once and for all what the connection between the hop bitterness in India Pale Ale’s and the heat found in spicy foods.
As a brewer and self-proclaimed foodie, one of my favorite things to do is pair our beers with food and I know I’m not alone. In fact, many brewers have a theory about pairing IPAs with food: the bitterness in hops affects the heat in spicy food.
To celebrate IPA Day (Thursday, August 6), we put this theory to the test and I joined the awesome culinary professionals at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in Hyde Park, N.Y. to “study” this theory. My excitement level was off the charts to conduct an official sensory experiment with food experts. If tests at school had been this fun, I’d be back in a heartbeat!
The Boston Beer Company is America’s leading brewer of handcrafted, full-flavored craft beers. Founder and Brewer, Jim Koch, brews Samuel Adams® craft beers using the time honored traditional four-vessel brewing process, and the world’s finest all-natural ingredients. With over 30 distinctive, award-winning styles of craft beer, Samuel Adams offers discerning beer drinkers a variety of brews. The brewery has won more awards in international beer tasting competitions in the last five years than any other craft beer brewery in the world.
The Boston Beer Company is America's leading brewer of handcrafted, full-flavored craft beers. Founder and Brewer, Jim Koch, brews Samuel Adams® craft beers using the time-honored, traditional four-vessel brewing process, and the world's finest all-natural ingredients. With over 30 distinctive, award-winning styles of craft beer, Samuel Adams offers discerning beer drinkers a variety of brews. The brewery has won more awards in international beer tasting competitions in the last five years than any other craft beer brewery in the world.